Interested in a challenging career in a growth agency?
Join the team at MangoTango Asia as a:
Copy Editor & English Teacher
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: Phnom Penh
CLOSING DATE: October 30, 2019
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
ABOUT US : MangoTango Asia is one of the leading strategic marketing communications and advertising agencies in Phnom Penh. We work for a mix of local and international clients, and our team is both Cambodian and international.
Our work reflects our core values: Professionalism, Integrity, and Creativity. We encourage every team member to contribute their opinions, experience,
and unique viewpoint. We are committed to helping all our employees to learn and grow.
This job exists to support our multinational staff, providing workforce development opportunities for English language skills and ensuring that our external communications are of the highest quality. The role is divided between copy editing and teaching. The work is done during normal business hours and the staff are all adult professionals with above average English proficiency.
• Edit copy for Facebook posts, Social Media posts, and client facing documents
• Monitor email communication among staff to improve readability
• Work closely with the teams to incorporate quality into the creative process
• Develop and implement ideas for assessment, improvement and measurement of English language proficiency across the team
• Engage with the team daily to coach and mentor in real time
• Motivate active learning attitudes to encourage participation
• Identify training methods and materials to use in small classroom settings with a clear plan / curriculum for advancement through a program
• Other tasks as assigned by management
Required Skills :
• Fluent in English – native English speaker
• Experience in copyediting, copywriting, or personal writing required
• Experience in teaching English to adults required, with measurable results
• Able to use Microsoft Office Software and online teaching tools
• Comfortable with multi-tasking and good teamwork attitude
Desired Attributes :
• Experience working with multinationals
• Familiar with standard measurement tools and techniques
• Able to establish relationships with people at all levels and gain trust
• Familiar with a variety of writing styles and able to adapt to different guidelines
• The ability to work under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
• Enthusiasm and passion for learning
• Opportunities exist for career development in Marketing and Advertising!
Interested candidates please send your CV and cover letter with expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include writing samples and any teaching certifications if available.